Pre-Purchase Property Inspections.
Buying a home is probably the biggest financial decision you will ever make, so it’s important to make an informed decision.
Knowing as much as you can about the condition of the property before you buy will help you avoid problems and extra costs later.
The best way of doing this is to get a pre-purchase property inspection report.
A pre-purchase building inspection report is a written account of the condition of a property. It should tell you about any significant building defects or problems such as rising damp, movement in the walls (cracking), safety hazards or a faulty roof to name a few.
It is usually carried out before you exchange sale contracts so you can identify any problems with the property which, if left unchecked, could prove costly to repair.
The purpose of a pre-purchase inspection is to provide advice regarding the condition of a property at the time of the inspection. Significant items that are to be reported on are:
• Major defects - this is a defect of significant scale where the problem needs to be fixed to avoid unsafe conditions, loss of use, or further deterioration of the property.
• Minor defects - the inspector will generally give an overall impression of the extent of minor defects. If you wish to know all minor defects and blemishes this will have to be specified in the Inspection Agreement.
• Any major defect that is an urgent and serious safety hazard.
Our Inspector will inspect all accessible parts of the property including:
• interior and exterior of the building
• roof space and roof exterior
• underfloor space (if applicable)
• property within 30 metres of the building including: garage, carport and garden shed
o separate laundry or toilet
o retaining walls over 700 mm high
o surface water drainage
o stormwater run-off
o paths and driveways.
If you want any other part of the property inspected,this will need to be identified in the Inspection Agreement.
With over 35years extensive experience in the building and construction industry, you can be assured that our knowledge and expertise will be invaluable when you appoint us to perform your Pre-Purchase property Inspection.
Would YOU appoint your G.P Doctor to perfrom your open heart surgery, Or would You appoint a specialist Heart Surgeon at what ever the $cost maybe.
We at Inspection Protection are your Specialist Open Heart Surgeon when it comes to your Property Inspections.
We perform all inspections to the Australian Standards AS 4349.1 to ensure you the best possible service available. We have all relevant public liability and professional indemnity insurance to ensure that you are dealing with a reputable qualified company.
Housesafe Accredited Pre-Purchase Property Inspector. Accreditation # HS/1106. AIT accredited Building Inspection #1379
Successfully completed the Internachi Australia: Introduction to Home Inspectors Course & Internachi Australia: Introduction to the Australian Standards of Practice Course.